Friday, March 30, 2012

Wanna Stroll...Again?



Do you remember the first time you strolled down the isle for the first time? I sure do! I was very nervous and wondered if I would even remember "Entrance and Opener" or if I would trip and fall over the table full of nice old ladies.  As a viola player, I was happy I didn't have the melody, but I was also aware that when I kneeled and serenaded a table, I would be a soloist...heart in my throat!  In Satin Strings, I had the time of my life.  I learned so much about performing and how to say "Thank You" when one of those nice old ladies told me we played well. What I wouldn't give to re-live that...

Well, you can now step back in time and "stroll down memory lane" so to speak.  The Permian Orchestra Spring Concert will also feature the 2nd Reunion Stroll for all former Satin Strings members.  The concert will be held in the Permian High School Auditorium on Saturday, May 19th at 3:00 pm.  All of the music will be posted online at the Orchestra Website: www.permianorchestra.com. If you can make it, please email me todd.berridge@ectorcountyisd.org or respond to the post on Facebook. 

Please mark this date on the calendar.  I'm sure this will be special and I hope you can make it.  Get crackin' on Feudin' Fiddles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment